The New Greenhouse is done!
(Still have door and vents to add…but the rest is all finished.) This hoop style large greenhouse is for year-round greens for our consumption. It is a strong, well-built, greenhouse. I like the low profile and functionality of it. It took longer than expected, because of the chemo. But I did get it done this summer despite going through chemotherapy. That’s something I guess.
Part of a large mosaic at the Back Porch Store at the Homestead, done by Christina in winter of 2013-14
The Grand Chicken Coop is finally done and the chickens have moved in! (Old coops are down-cycled) Here is the new coop:
It took me about 9 months to build this. As you can see, it has 6 outside nest boxes, a covered run, and an uncovered run. It has automatic doors that are daylight sensitive. And the floor of the coop is tiled, for easy clean-out.
“The Dinner Movie” DVD, with included 16 page color cookbook $20.00 plus $2.25 S&H
THE BACK PORCH STORE
Products for Sale include
- “Chip” books “A Micro-Chip On My Shoulder-A True Story of a Little Poult” $10.99 softcover, $18.00 hardcover
- Natural colored hand-spun yarn – $6.50 per skein
- Sock yarn, hand-spun (1250 yd/lb) – $9.50 per skein
- Solar dyed yarn – $8.50 per skein
- Wool roving – $15 per pound
Handknit fingerless gloves from my hand-dyed wool (from my sheep’s wool). Custom knit. Choose one skein from around 200 individual dyed color ways. Measure hand. Allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. $40.00/pair plus tax and S&H
- Handmade unscented soap (from Christina’s sheep tallow), made with solar energy – $3.00 per bar
- Soaps wrapped in a hand-knit cotton washcloth (or dishcloth), tied as a gift-wrap – $7.50 each
- Queen-sized wool blankets from Christina’s sheep’s wool (assorted colors and natural colors, limited availability) – $225
- Lap throws from Christina’s sheep’s wool (limited availability) – $125
- “Christina’s Most Excellent Salad Blend” is a boxed, washed blend of up to 40 salad greens, all grown without any herbicides or pesticides of any kind. (Seasonal) – $3.50 per box
- Pasteurized heritage poultry free range eggs, (available only at the “Porch Store” on the farm – $4 per dozen
- Sheep skins, assorted natural colors (limited availability) – $125
- Also available: note cards, handmade paper, knitted items, etc. – varies with season